Danspace Project’s venue comprises two primary spaces inside St. Mark’s Church: the Sanctuary & the Parish Hall.
For events located in Danspace Project’s main sanctuary space:
- The 10th Street entrance is wheelchair accessible via a permanent ramp.
- A same-level, one stall restroom is available near Danspace Project’s main performance space in the church Sanctuary. The doorway of that bathroom is 33 inches wide.
For events located in the Parish Hall (at the back of the church):
- The Parish Hall entrance is accessible through a slightly irregular, stone pathway and one (8 inch high) step.
- To use the permanent ramp at 10th Street, ticket buyers will receive a phone number to call.
- In order to access the same-level restroom from the Parish Hall, please note that there is a corridor to pass through with the narrowest corner being 29 inches wide.
Detailed accessibility information specific to each program will be provided on individual event pages.
- Chairs and wheelchair accessible seating will be provided for all events and performances.
- Audio description will be present for select Platform performances.
- ASL interpretation will be present for select Platform performances.
- CART captioning will be present for all Conversations Without Walls programs.
Audience seating arrangement changes due to each performance.
Accessible seating for wheelchair users is provided and wheelchair user ticket reservations are also available ahead of time.
Nearest Accessible Subway stations:
L to 1st Avenue
L, N, Q, R, W to 14th Street/Union Square
Questions or concerns about seating or access? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (917) 671-0243.